July 1, 2008

a wedding...


at the kansas city public library




all floral designs by botanica floral design.




(above) 2 of my very favorites from the day!









you just can't say no to these 2 people. they are amazing. truly. i knew that before saturday, but now...i experienced it first hand. when they came to me, asking if i shot weddings- the answer was the same as it is now- "no, however i can refer you to some great photographer friends of mine who do outstanding wedding photo journalism." meet dustin steller. i was the second shooter, which means you are not the main photographer. you are there to capture the details...and how lucky i was! it was really great to be a part of their wedding day...best of luck to you both! here are just a few of the images i captured from the day...(did i mention second shooting is the BEST? you get to take lots of fun images!!!)

this next picture is my very, very favorite. know why? (no, not because of all the natural light pouring in)... way better than that. sisters. this was one of the most touching moments, between these 2 sisters- and yet this picture speaks of so much more to me after being with these families. father-of-the-bride is just to the left, mother-of-the-bride is just to the right, the sisters after the most heartfelt toast... and then the groom to the far right... i love it. the wedding day. a day of families coming together...and the start of a new family too.

1 comment:

Dustin Steller said...

Sara! These are gorgeous! I am so thankful you brought this couple to me and that we were able to see it through...It seemed you always knew right where to be and how to capture it and see things differently than I was seeing them. I couldn't have asked for better coverage!

Matt and Amy were/are spectacular people and you captured their essence.

I am still editing all of my photos and look forward to blogging it by Friday. ;-)

I can't wait for the next we can shoot together again!